The Host is one of the books my daughters gave me to read. Looking forward to it.
We read John Adams about two years ago. It's very good, not a page turner, but as I was in Washington,D.C. this spring with our son, I REALLY appreciated having the background knowledge that book and 1776 had given me. I genuinely do recommend them both, but realize that I usually have three books going at a time. The scriptures, one for pleasure and one to learn from. Those were definitely my "learn from" books. Realize that I had also read the church Revolutionary War historical fiction books. . . so actually by the time I got to 1776 I was kind of burned out on Revolutionary War (I know that would be blasphemy to your brother Todd, however. Actually I haven't found Three Cups of Tea to be as much of a page turner as I had expected it to be for me. . maybe it's the time of year I started it. . . anyway I'm still wading through that "learn from" book.
I really enjoyed The Secret Life of Bees and wouldn't mind rereading it also.
Right now I'm just reading a brainless Mary Higgin Clark I Heard That Before. . . needed pure escapism.
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment