Book club will be August 14th. We'll discuss "Water for Elephants"
Bring at least one book title that you would like the book club to read this next year. Also, over the summer, email me books you are reading and we'll post them for all to browse.
Here's my list:
I read Stephenie Meyers new book “The Host.” It’s quite different from the “Twilight” series and after the first chapter, she had me intrigued. I also read all of the Chronicles of Narnia. I am NOT a sci-fi or fantasy fan, but these two have been an enjoyable change. I have to say I read the Chronicles of Narnia “in the order that CS Lewis desired” and it made much more sense as a whole and it’s fascinating to think of it in light of The Plan of Happiness. I have two non fiction reads and a fiction I’m working on next. They were recommended by my infamous brother I speak of often:
Atonement Ian McEwan (Not Gospel Atonement)
The First American HW Brands (about Ben Franklin and one of my brother’s fave non-presidential reads)
John Adams David McCullough (been meaning to read it for some time…need to feel smart)
While picking these up at Todd’s house, I saw “The Secret Life of Bees” that I read some years ago; it was good.
I also read a juvenile book of Isabel’s: Princess Academy. Fun.
Finally, my Aunt, who gives me some of her book club books gave me “Friday Night Knitting Club” and it was good, as well. A year ago she gave me one called “Snow Pea and the Secret of the Fan” oh, something like that and it was about a woman in China and foot binding at the turn of the century. A very different read.
One more: I read "90 Minutes in Heaven" My grandmother gave it to me to read and it's interesting...would like to talk to someone else who has read it.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment