- Please check the new email list. I tried to make it complete, but would appreciate knowing additions. ALWAYS feel free to forward this email to interested parties. We all know we are not exclusive…I’m just throwing that out there.
- In January we will read Gravity vs. the Girl. I know Diane has at least one copy. It may be my recollection that Emily Holmes may have a copy. Ask around, I think we can get a few, at least. Diane: we voted that you would love to host. If it’s a problem, we have back up.
- We also “voted” and “passed” the resolution to our by-laws (yes, I’m feeling sarcastic because I hurt my back again and it’s irritating me…the back and the fact that I hurt it…BAH), anyway, book club will be meeting on the THIRD THURSDAY OF THE MONTH! This move was made due to the Bonanza RS meetings that will be held on a monthly basis on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Who wants to be out of the home two nights a week every month? Not me….or the other 5 ladies at this past meeting.
We also decided that this next year, the hostess would choose the book for her month. Of course, we still all give our latest and greatest and faves as we visit, but the hostess with the mostest will get to make the final call. (Diane: I was working telepathically with you, right?) - I had mentioned at our meeting that Shannon Hale (The Princess Academy author) had posted her best books of 2009. There is her list. Just FYI: (Just remember that she’s mostly a young adult writer and this list reflects that, I think) You can see it here
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Five Items. Does anyone still check this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment